CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards 2017: Gaurav Gill wins Motorsport Award Of The Year
Winning a championship title once in the field of motorsport takes effort. Winning a championship title for the second time, however, takes exceptional effort. Gaurav Gill's tremendous hard work and discipline, in combination with his natural talent and flair for rallying, have paid off this year.
Gill not only won his second FIA Asia-Pacific Rally Championship title in 2016, he also achieved this feat in an astounding manner, winning every single rally along the way. On his way to the 2016 APRC crown, the Team MRF Skoda driver took six victories of six rallies, ensuring he dominated the season and also ensuring he takes his place alongside other rally greats who have also won multiple APRC titles.
It is for this precise reason that Gaurav Gill wins our Motorsport Award Of The Year.
Here is the complete list of winners of CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards 2017.
- Maruti Suzuki expected to launch Swift Cross to rival Tata Punch, as per reports
- Tata Motors experience a 38 percent rise in sales for the month of November 2021
- Upcoming Kia MPV officially named Carens, unveil on December 16
- Mahindra Bolero Neo: Neo World Order
- Delhi government changes laws for diesel vehicles over 10 years old