CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards 2016: Mercedes-AMG C 63 S wins Performance Car of the year
The new C-Class in itself is a fantastic machine, but the Mercedes-AMG C 63 S takes it to another level. Its new twin-turbocharged 4.0-litre V8 engine is a masterpiece that produces 510PS of power and 700Nm of torque and a growl that makes you go weak in the knees.
But this engine isn't all about performance, but practicality too, as Mercedes-Benz claims an impressive fuel efficiency of 11.9kmpl from the C 63 S. All this is matched perfectly with a beautifully balanced chassis. This means the C 63 S offers unparalleled driver thrills with the usability of a sedan form factor. We love it!
The nominees for the 2016 CNBC TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards were judged by a panel of experts on a range of criteria (read more about our judging methodology here) including how well they suit the role, value for the money they demand and also how involving they are to drive. No matter the category, we at OVERDRIVE value driving/riding involvement. A vehicle has to put a smile on its pilot's face, no matter the power or price and that's definitely one of the criteria in our judging process.
See the other nominations in the CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE Performance Car of the Year 2016 category here.
- 2022 Mahindra Scorpio officially revealed ahead of June 27 launch, to be named Scorpio-N
- 2022 Kia EV6 review, first drive - a surreal experience
- 2022 Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza spotted filming ahead of its launch
- 2022 Citroen C3 to be a premium B-segment offering
- Kia EV6 bookings open in India ahead of June 2 launch