CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards 2016: Mercedes-Benz CLA wins Luxury Car of the Year
The CLA is not only a stepping stone into the exclusive world of Mercedes-Benz ownership but is also one of the best looking cars on sale today. Its diamond radiator grille, coupe-like roofline and frameless doors certainly set it apart from the crowd.
The CLA is powered by advanced and frugal engines with an option of a 2.1-litre turbodiesel and a 2.0-litre turbopetrol mill. The diesel makes 135PS of power and 300Nm of torque while the petrol motor delivers 184PS and 300Nm. Its sheer feel-good factor at a relatively affordable price-point is enough for it to clinch the Luxury Car of the Year award.
The 2016 CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards were judged by a panel of experts on a range of criteria (read more about our judging methodology here) including how well they suit the role, value for the money they demand and also how involving they are to drive. No matter the category, we at OVERDRIVE value driver/rider involvement. A vehicle has to put a smile on its pilot's face, no matter the power or price and that's definitely one of the criteria in our judging process.
See other nominations in the Luxury Car of the Year category here.
Starts Rs 31.72 Lakhs
Starts Rs 30.5 Lakhs
- Honda Drive to Discover 10: A new discovery with the City, WR-V, Amaze and Jazz
- Electric vehicles - Why they don't have a gearbox and how it's possible to go as fast backwards, as forward
- Government confident of local manufacturing of lithium-ion EV batteries by 2022
- 2021 Triumph Trident 660 first ride review
- Maharashtra lockdown: How to maintain your vehicle while you stay at home