CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards 2016: Hyundai Creta is Car of the Year
After winning the SUV of the Year, the new Creta fought off competition like the Mercedes-Benz CLA, Ford Figo and Maruti Suzuki Baleno to win the Car of the Year award. The Creta features a commanding presence with its edgy design theme and a neatly designed cabin that gets all the necessary goodies you would expect from a premium SUV.
The 128PS 1.6-litre engine is quite a charmer with its linear power delivery while efficiency stands at an impressive 16kmpl. Apart from that, the Creta further scores brownie points thanks to the balanced driving characteristics. All in all, the Creta is a complete package.
The 2016 CNBC TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards were judged by a panel of experts on a range of criteria (read more about our judging methodology here) including how well they suit the role, value for the money they demand and also how involving they are to drive. No matter the category, we at OVERDRIVE value driver/rider involvement. A vehicle has to put a smile on its pilot's face, no matter the power or price and that's definitely one of the criteria in our judging process.
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.39 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.59 Lakhs
Starts Rs 31.72 Lakhs
- NewsTata Nexon EV crosses 2,000 sales mark
- NewsBMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Black Shadow Edition launched in India at Rs 42.30 lakh, limited to 24 units
- NewsUniform PUC certificate for all vehicles across India soon
- NewsNissan Magnite: Prices and variants explained
- NewsSpecifications comparison: Nissan Magnite vs Tata Nexon vs Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza vs Toyota Urban Cruiser vs Hyundai Venue vs Kia Sonet vs Mahindra XUV300 vs Ford EcoSport