CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards 2016: Hyundai Creta is Car of the Year
After winning the SUV of the Year, the new Creta fought off competition like the Mercedes-Benz CLA, Ford Figo and Maruti Suzuki Baleno to win the Car of the Year award. The Creta features a commanding presence with its edgy design theme and a neatly designed cabin that gets all the necessary goodies you would expect from a premium SUV.
The 128PS 1.6-litre engine is quite a charmer with its linear power delivery while efficiency stands at an impressive 16kmpl. Apart from that, the Creta further scores brownie points thanks to the balanced driving characteristics. All in all, the Creta is a complete package.
The 2016 CNBC TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards were judged by a panel of experts on a range of criteria (read more about our judging methodology here) including how well they suit the role, value for the money they demand and also how involving they are to drive. No matter the category, we at OVERDRIVE value driver/rider involvement. A vehicle has to put a smile on its pilot's face, no matter the power or price and that's definitely one of the criteria in our judging process.
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.75 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.59 Lakhs
Starts Rs 31.72 Lakhs
- Top 5 most fuel efficient SUVs in India
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Jeep Meridian 7-seater SUV spied testing in India ahead of early-2022 launch
- Production-spec Mahindra XUV700 leaked ahead of launch, interior teased
- Nissan Magnite: Best-in-class, throughout