CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards 2016: Hero MotoCorp wins Manufacturer of the Year (Two-wheeler) Award
2015 was a big year for the world's largest two-wheeler manufacturer. Apart from launching fresh and convincing vehicles like our Scooter of the Year, the Maestro Edge Hero has also opened a comprehensive new R&D facility in Jaipur Rajasthan which not only features labs and testing facilities but also 15 test tracks. It is one of the largest and most comprehensive in the country. The company also hired ex-BMW man Markus Braunsperger as chief technology officer. We expect exciting things from Hero MotoCorp and wish them all the best for the future.
The 2016 CNBC TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards were judged by a panel of experts on a range of criteria (read more about our judging methodology here) including how well the contenders suit the role, value for the money they demand and also how involving they are to drive. No matter the category, we at OVERDRIVE value driver/rider involvement. A vehicle has to put a smile on its pilot's face, no matter the power or price and that's definitely one of the criteria in our judging process.
- Maruti Suzuki expected to launch Swift Cross to rival Tata Punch, as per reports
- Delhi government changes laws for diesel vehicles over 10 years old
- Next-generation Hyundai Verna spotted testing ahead of 2022 reveal
- Do you save or lose money on owning an EV in India?
- Upcoming Kia KY Carens MPV interior leaked ahead of 2022 launch