CNBC-TV18 Overdrive Awards 2016: Categories for imported vehicles
At the annual CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards, we like to focus on the machinery being built or assembled here in India. However, we simply cannot ignore the machines that come fully imported into India, especially since there are now so many!
We have split the imported vehicles into different categories that are listed below along with the nominations under each category.
Import Car of the Year
Import SUV of the Year
Performance Car of the Year
- BMW M3
- BMW M4
- Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG
- BMW M6 Gran Coupe
- BMW i8
- Mini Cooper S
- Audi RS6 Avant
- Mercedes-AMG S63 Coupe
- Porsche Cayman/Boxster GTS
The judging for the import categories is a little different to our standard procedures. Not all of these cars are called to the track because we would like to focus on the cars that are assembled or manufactured in India. It's our way of helping out the local industry. Instead, the winners of these categories are judged in an internal process that takes place based on experience gleaned through our road tests. The criteria of course are the same - role fitness, value for money demand and of course, driver involvement.
The CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards 2016 ceremony will be held on December 9, 2015. Stay tuned to know what we think are the best cars and bikes of the year.
See nominations in the other categories for the CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards 2016
Starts Rs 79.06 Lakhs
Starts Rs 63.12 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2.62 Crore
Starts Rs 74.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 95 Lakhs
Starts Rs 38 Lakhs
Starts Rs 1.02 Crore
Starts Rs 1.19 Crore
Starts Rs 1.05 Crore
Starts Rs 80.9 Lakhs
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh
- Indian Highways - And the disappearance of trees and milestones
- Price and Spec Comparison: Volkswagen Taigun vs Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs Tata Harrier vs MG Hector