CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards 2016: Bajaj wins Two-wheeler Exporter of the Year Award
Bajaj has consistently been exporting huge numbers of motorcycles to multiple markets overseas. A large number of these is down to the KTM Duke and RC 125, 200, 250 and 390 models that are exclusively manufactured in India and shipped overseas. This number is expected to further improve in the future as KTM begins to offer more motorcycles that will be manufactured out of the Bajaj plant at Chakan, Maharashtra. In addition to the KTMs, Bajaj's own models like the Pulsar family are quite popular in multiple markets overseas and make for a significant contribution to the company's exports.
The 2016 CNBC TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards were judged by a panel of experts on a range of criteria (read more about our judging methodology here) including how well the contenders suit the role, value for the money they demand and also how involving they are to drive/ride. No matter the category, we at OVERDRIVE value driver/rider involvement. A vehicle has to put a smile on its pilot's face, no matter the power or price and that's definitely one of the criteria in our judging process.
- Indian Highways - And our "Delicious Dhabas"
- Delhi government changes laws for diesel vehicles over 10 years old
- Do you save or lose money on owning an EV in India?
- New-gen 2022 Suzuki S-Cross leaked, global debut November 25
- Suzuki Avenis 125cc scooter launched in India with prices starting at Rs 86,700