China's Qoros 3 awarded 5-star safety rating by Euro NCAP
Are Chinese cars coming of age? While the jury is still out but a recent five-star safety rating to Qoros 3 from Euro NCAP does score a point in favour of the Chinese automakers.
The Qoros 3 compact sedan has become the first Chinese car to get a five star safety rating from Euro New Car Assessment Program (NCAP). But that's not all, it scored highest in three of the four areas of the Euro NCAP tests and has secured the best overall performance of all vehicles assessed so far in 2013, placing it among the very best ever tested by Euro NCAP.
The vehicle was rated at 95 per cent in adult occupation protection, 87 per cent in child occupation, 81 per cent in safety assistance systems and 77 per cent in pedestrian protection. This has given it an 88 per cent overall safety rating.
The Qoros 3 has also received commendations from NCAP for its robust passenger cell, passive safety equipment and child restraint safety.
Qoros is a joint venture between Chery Automotive of China and Israel Corp., an investment company. They hope to get a foothold in the European markets. The Qoros sedan was first showcased at the 2013 Geneva Auto Show.
Euro NCAP carries out crash tests to give the consumers a cumulative assessment of the safety performance of European cars. It is backed by seven European governments as well as motoring and consumer bodies in every European country.
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions
- Honda Elevate name trademarked, N7X-based 3-three SUV to launch in India?