CES 2020: Jeep showcases Wrangler, Renegade, and Compass 4xe plug-in hybrid SUVs
Jeep announced the name of its new plug-in hybrids last week that is the "4xe". The new plug-in hybrid 4xe models were recently showcased at the CES 2020 in Las Vegas. Jeep says it will apply this badge to upcoming future electrified SUVs, and will offer some sort of hybrid powertrain in every model in its line-up by 2022.
The company has not shared any details about the powertrains or the range, but a close look can show how to differentiate from the other models. The charging port is seen on the front fender of the Wrangler and the drivers-side rear quarter-panel of the Compass and the Renegade. There are also blue accents to differentiate these models from the rest of their line-up.
The Europe-market versions of the Renegade and Compass plug-in hybrids produce a total of 240PS from a turbocharged 1.3-litre inline-four gasoline engine combined with an electric motor.
It is unclear if all three models will use the same engine/battery set-up, or if multiple versions of the engine/battery are in the making. Jeep will most likely release more details at the Geneva, New York, and Beijing auto shows later in 2020.
Starts Rs 53.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 17.79 Lakhs
- Spec Comparison: Hyundai Tucson Vs Jeep Compass Vs Volkswagen Tiguan Vs Citroen C5 Aircross
- Mahindra debuts two EV sub-brands, five EV concepts, launch from December 2024
- 2022 Hyundai Tucson review, first drive - More, for more
- Upcoming Audi Q3 bookings commence from Rs 2 lakh
- Here's how the air conditioning system in an electric car works