Car sales March 2021: MG Motor India records highest-ever sales
MG Motor India recorded its highest-ever monthly sales in the country in March 2021 with 5,528 units sold in March 2021. This is a significant 264 per cent growth over the same period last year when 1,518 units were sold. This is also the second consecutive month of MG Motor India reaching new sales highs, it sold 4,329 units in February 2021.
March 2021 also saw the highest-ever sales of the MG Hector and the MG ZS EV. This follows the highest-ever booking numbers for Hector recently. The SUV has continued this trend with over 6,000 bookings in March. MG Motor India also said that the MG Gloster has garnered more market share in its segment while the ZS EV has seen new buyers from the luxury segment.
The newly revised ZS EV has also been well received through MG's subscription plans with Myles and Zoomcar. With the increased demand and constraints in the supply chain, waiting periods have increased to 2-3 months for these models though.
Speaking on the semi-conductor shortage affecting production, Rakesh Sidana, director of sales at MG Motor India said, "However, we are likely to see a disruption in the supply chain due to shortage of semiconductor chips globally as well as the second wave of Covid. We may observe a few NPDs (no production days) in April 2021 as a preventive measure. We assure our customers that we will provide transparent communication to them throughout."
Starts Rs 28.98 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 20.99 Lakhs
- Intercity road travel time of "Oxygen Tankers" can be shortened, with help from the Indian motorsport fraternity
- 2021 Kia Sonet launched in India, prices start from Rs 6.79 lakh
- Tranquility with the Hyundai Creta in Wayanad
- Scrappage Policy - A crucial joint representation made to the government to save vehicles older than 30 years
- Government proposes 'IN' series of vehicle numbers to simplify re-registrations