Car sales February 2021: MG Motor India posts highest-ever sales at 4,329 units
MG Motor India has achieved its highest monthly sales figure since its inception in February 2021, with 4,329 units sold. This is more than twice as much as February 2020, with 215 per cent growth YoY. The brand also posted its highest ever monthly production numbers and bookings received.
The company says all three of its product lines have contributed to this feat. The most popular, MG Hector, recently crossed its 50,000th unit production milestone, where a women-only team assembled the SUV. MG Motor India's workforce consists of over 33 per cent women, one of the highest in the industry. The company has also expanded the Hector line-up, introducing a CVT gearbox option for the turbo-petrol. This comes after the SUV received a refresh for the 2021 model year.
The MG ZS EV has also seen a strong response from buyers since January this year, in this time over 350 orders for the electric SUV have come in. MG has updated this model too, adding an improved battery that has increased range, raised ground clearance and added more connected-car features. The MG Gloster 4x4 has continued to be a consistent seller, with production numbers increasing despite supply chain issues.
Starts Rs 28.98 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 20.99 Lakhs
- Electric vehicles - Why they don't have a gearbox and how it's possible to go as fast backwards, as forward
- Honda Drive to Discover 10: A new discovery with the City, WR-V, Amaze and Jazz
- Maharashtra lockdown: How to maintain your vehicle while you stay at home
- 2021 Audi Q4 e-tron electric SUVs debut with up to 520 km range
- 2021 Skoda Kodiaq facelift unveiled, India launch by July