Car Sales December 2020: MG Motor India adds highest-ever Hector bookings
MG Motor India has chalked up retail sales of 4,010 units in December 2020, a 33 per cent increase over the same period last year. For 2020, the company has reported a 77 per cent increase in sales over 2019. Also in December 2020, MG Motor India received its highest-ever bookings for the MG Hector while 3,430 units of the SUV were sold.
The company has also stated that it has received over 3,000 bookings for the MG Gloster 4x4 and has retailed 1,085 units. In 2020, MG sold 25,000 units of the Hector and 1,243 units of the MG ZS EV. Further, the company still has 200 orders of the EV to fulfill.
MG India says that while it has suffered local supply chain issues, it is ramping up production to meet pending demand, especially for the Gloster. It has also announced that it will shut its Halol plant for the first 10 days of January 2021 for preventive maintenance measures. This along with the lockdown measures still in place could hamper supply.
"We have ended the year on a high note with customers continuing to choose the best-in-class premium products from MG's stable. Going forward, we will have more excitement for the customers in January. We expect the momentum to continue as the MG brand enters more markets in 2021," Rakesh Sidana, director of sales at MG Motor India said of the brand's showing.
Starts Rs 12.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 28.98 Lakhs
Starts Rs 20.99 Lakhs
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Aston Martin plans to electrify 90 per cent of line-up by 2030
- Comparison review: Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs MS Vitara Brezza vs Kia Sonet