BSVI Suzuki Burgman Street Fi likely to reach dealerships by February 2020
Suzuki Street Burgman 125 that re-ignited the maxi-scooter segment in India with its proportions and capabilities is soon expected in a BSVI avatar. The Japanese manufacturer is working to make the scooter meet the stringent BSVI emission norms along with a few styling tweaks. The updated scooter could break cover by the end of January and should reach dealerships by February 2020.
Currently, Burgman Street 125 is powered by a 124cc engine that uses carburettor for fueling. The BSVI compliant of the same will employ electronic fuel injection. The current power output of the Burgman stands at 8.7PS at 7,000rpm and 10.2Nm at 5,000rpm. Expect a minor drop in the power figures with the update.
OVERDRIVE also reported that Suzuki is also working on a higher capacity engine for its scooters and the first scooter to get the bigger 150cc engine could be Burgman Street. The new maxi-scooter is expected to make a global debut at the 2020 Auto Expo. More on that later.
The BSVI Suzuki Burgman Street 125 is also expected to have minor design tweaks and a restyled instrument cluster. The cosmetic and mechanical changes are expected to hike the price by Rs 5,000-6,000 over the current Burgman Street's price. The Burgman Street 125 retails at Rs 70,312 ex-showroom. The Burgman Street 125 will rival the likes of Honda Activa 125 Fi which also retails close to Rs 67,500 ex-showroom.
Starts Rs 77,900
Starts Rs 67,490
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots
- 2022 Tata Safari Dark Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 19.05 lakh
- Toyota to launch Creta-rivalling SUV in 2022 with Maruti Suzuki, new MPV in 2023
- 2022 Tata Tiago iCNG and Tigor iCNG: Prices and variants explained
- Yezdi is back, three bikes launched; price range 1.98 - 2.09lakh