BSVI petrol 2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque launched in India, prices start from Rs 57.99 lakh
Jaguar Land Rover India has launched the BSVI petrol versions of the facelifted 2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport and the second-gen Range Rover Evoque. The Land Rover Discovery Sport is priced from Rs 59.99 lakh and the Range Rover Evoque costs Rs 57.99 lakh, both ex-showroom. These versions sit above the diesel-powered variants in the line-up.
The two SUVs were launched in India before the BSVI norms kicked in with a 2.0-litre diesel engine, and a new petrol version has now been added to the line-up. The Discovery Sport and the Evoque are powered by a 2.0-litre four-cylinder Ingenium turbo-petrol that puts out 250PS at 5,500 rpm and 365 Nm between 1,400 - 4,500 rpm. The motor also comes with a 48V mild-hybrid set-up that allows for coasting and start-stop functions and is paired with the ZF 9-speed automatic.
With this new engine, the seven-seater Discovery Sport can get from 0 to 100 kmph in 7.8s and go onto a 224 kmph top-speed. The Evoque can do the 0 to 100 kmph sprint in 7.5s and reach a 230 kmph top-speed.
The new engine option is available in both SUVs in their S and R-Dynamic trim levels. Notable feature additions are a mew cabin ionisation PM 2.5 air filter, the Clear Sight rear-view mirror camera and Land Rover's famed Terrain Response 2 off-road system.
Starts Rs 71.38 Lakhs
Starts Rs 57.06 Lakhs
Starts Rs 60.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 52.75 Lakhs
- ReviewHonda H'ness CB350 vs Royal Enfield Meteor 350, Classic 350 & Benelli Imperiale 400
- NewsBMW X5 M Competition launched in India, prices start from Rs 1.95 crore
- FeaturesSpecial feature: Trippin' with the Kia Sonet
- NewsLimited edition Diavel 1260 Lamborghini draws inspiration from 820PS Lamborghini Sian FKP 37
- NewsAprilia SXR 160 maxi-scooter to enter production soon, launch expected in January 2021