BSVI Aprilia and Piaggio Vespa scooters introduced in India
Aprilia and Piaggio scooters that meet the new BSVI emission standards have been introduced in India. What's new here is the Aprilia SR150 has been replaced by the new Aprilia SR160. As the name suggests, the new scooter gets a bump in displacement and also an electronic fuel injection. The new SR160 puts out 11PS at 7,600rpm and 11.6Nm at 6,000rpm and uses a CVT automatic transmission t deliver power to the rear wheel.
Also, the entire range of Vespa scooters has been updated to meet the new BSVI norms and the prices for the same start at Rs 91,492 ex-showroom Pune. Whereas the range of BSVI complaint Aprilia scooters starts at Rs 85,431 ex-showroom Pune.
As part of the launch offer, the manufacturer is offering free accessories i.e visor and a perimeter Kit worth up to Rs 4,200 on Vespa 150cc scooters and Aprilia SR 160.
Commenting on the incorporation of BS VI technology across Vespa and Aprilia, Diego Graffi, Managing Director and CEO, Piaggio India said, "We are pleased to transition effectively into BS VI emission norms for our Vespa and Aprilia range of scooters, well ahead of the deadline. Being aligned to the Government' efforts on emission, we have achieved significant reduction in emission through our advanced combustion system. As a global brand, we understand the need to innovate and evolve, in order to build the mobility for future."
Starts Rs 1,04,476
- NewsTata Nexon EV crosses 2,000 sales mark
- NewsBMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Black Shadow Edition launched in India at Rs 42.30 lakh, limited to 24 units
- NewsUniform PUC certificate for all vehicles across India soon
- NewsNissan Magnite: Prices and variants explained
- NewsSpecifications comparison: Nissan Magnite vs Tata Nexon vs Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza vs Toyota Urban Cruiser vs Hyundai Venue vs Kia Sonet vs Mahindra XUV300 vs Ford EcoSport