Breaking: Jeep Renegade to be launched in India in 2018
We all know that Jeep India is all set to introduce its latest SUV, the Compass, in India this August. However, the latest update from the brand is that it will also launch the Jeep Renegade in India next year. The Renegade is Jeep's entry-level SUV in the US and is offered in 4X2 and 4X4 variants in four trims Sport, Latitude, Altitude and Trailhawk.
The first three variants get a 1.4-litre MultiAir turbocharged petrol engine which produces 160PS and 250Nm and a 6-speed manual transmission. The top-spec, Trail Rated variant (which means it is the most capable variant here off-road), gets a 2.4-litre naturally aspirated MultiAir petrol engine which produces 180PS and 237Nm and a 9-speed automatic. For your reference, the Jeep Renegade measures 4,232mm and 2,022mm in length and width, which is around 40mm shorter and 242mm wider than the Hyundai Creta.
Unfortunately, Jeep hasn't revealed anything about what the Renegade's price range will be or which engines it will get in India. What we can say, however, is that it will be slotted below the upcoming Jeep Compass. We also expect it to be locally manufactured at the Ranjangaon plant alongside the Jeep Compass, to ensure competitive pricing.
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 16.99 Lakhs
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed