Bosch to temporarily halt production in India amid slow demand
Bosch has announced that it will stop production at its Jaipur and Bangalore plants during this month. The planned halt in production is expected to last for a duration of two to six days. The German based automobile parts manufacturer says that the decision to halt production has been taken to prevent inventory pile up in a slow moving market.
The Jaipur plant has stopped production on the 12th and again will stop on 19th October and again from October 28 to November 2. The plant at Bangalore had shut down on the 15th and then on 31st of October. A similar plant shut down was orchestrated by Bosch last month too in order to change its production schedule as per the current market demands.
"With a view to adjust production to meet the demand for products and to avoid unnecessary buildup of inventory, it is proposed to suspend the manufacturing operations," Bosch Ltd said in a BSE filing.
- 2022 Mahindra Scorpio officially revealed ahead of June 27 launch, to be named Scorpio-N
- 2022 Citroen C3 to be a premium B-segment offering
- 2022 Tata Nexon EV Max review, road test - real-world range tested!
- 2022 Hyundai Venue facelift to launch in India in June
- Radically-styled fourth-gen Hyundai Tucson to launch in India in H2 2022