Bosch opens its 14th plant in India
Bosch has expanded its already big presence in India with a brand new, state-of-the-art manufacturing unit at Bidadi, an industrial town situated on the Bengaluru-Mysore highway. This is Bosch's fifth manufacturing unit in Karnataka alone. An investment of over Rs 340 crore has gone into the plant.
The new plant has been designed in a phased process with the second phase scheduled to be completed by 2018. Bosch will use the complicated Industry 4.0 streamlining process to help boost productivity from the plant which will handle manufacturing of products related to Bosch's diesel systems division.
In 2014, Bosch announced its aims of doubling its business in the Asia Pacific region by 2020 and this plant is a part of that plan. "India is a key pillar of our growth strategy in Asia Pacific. A strong local presence is the basis for further growth in the region," said Peter Tyroller, the member of the board of management of the Bosch Group responsible for Asia Pacific.
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots
- 2022 Tata Safari Dark Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 19.05 lakh
- Toyota to launch Creta-rivalling SUV in 2022 with Maruti Suzuki, new MPV in 2023
- 2022 Tata Tiago iCNG and Tigor iCNG: Prices and variants explained
- 2022 Toyota Hilux specifications revealed ahead of India launch