BMW X8M in the works, could it be electric?
It was BMW who effectively kicked off the coupe-SUV rage with the X6 that has engulfed the world now with every manufacturer making one. Now, BMW has been working on their latest coupe-SUV, the X8, ever since the X7 and from the looks of it, there is going to be the signature M badge as well.
Based on the X5, the BMW X6 is already quite large in size which means the X8 will have to be even bigger. The X7 is plain massive to start with. While the looks have stirred up a hornets' nest, there are no arguments about its bulk. There are also reports that instead of doing a full coupe, BMW might give the X7's roof a little more slope, take the third row out and make it a limousine on stilts. Reminds you of the Rolls-Royce Cullinan yet?
Well, in this form, the BMW X8 M would certainly give the Mercedes-Maybach GLS a tough competition if not the Range Rover SVR Coupe or the Bentley Bentayga.
BMW has its 4.4-litre tubocharged-petrol V8 ready to serve under the hood of the next M-badged SUV belting out more than 600 horses and about 750 Nm of torque. The X8 is expected to arrive in 2021 if not by the end of this year and the M Badge could be another year further away. We will have to wait and watch if the X8 M gets an electric touch, especially with the new performance powerplant displayed in the i4 concept.
Starts Rs 3.78 Crore
Starts Rs 95 Lakhs
- NewsHyundai i20 N unveiled with over 200PS and six-speed manual
- NewsVolkswagen India appoints Ashish Gupta as brand director
- NewsOver 50,000 bookings for the Kia Sonet, diesel models account for 40 per cent
- NewsNissan Magnite revealed: Everything we know so far
- NewsLive updates: Nissan Magnite global unveil, exterior styling, interiors, features, engines, variants, details