BMW X2 SUV India launch slated for next year
BMW India will launch the BMW X2 SUV in Inida sometime next year. In the sam way that the even nomeclatured X4 and X6 are the more stylish alternatives to the practical X3 and X5 SUVs, the X2 bring a similarly more spirited alternative to the BMW X1.
The BMW X2, consequently is based on the last-gen X1's UKL 2 platform and brings with it a a less upright design, wider swept back headlamps and a sportier, more purposeful stance. The front bumper gets large air intakes while the rear gets the twin tailpipe treatment and a diffuser. There is also a grey dual tone cladding on the lower part of the bumpers and doors. Wheels sizes are 18-inches with 19-inchers available as an optional extra.
The interiors are also heavily borrowed from the X1 and come with features like an 8.8-inch iDrive touchscreen infotainment system with apple carplay. Android auto functionality will be added at a later date. A head up display and automatic cruise control will be optional extras. Notable sagfety features will be lane departure warning, a speed limit warning, automatic high beams, and pedestrian collision warnings.
The X2 will be powered by the 2.0 litre four cylinder petrol and diesel options from the X1. The 1.5-litre turbo petrol from the Mini is also expected to make an appearance. The X2 will be front wheel drive with AWD being an optional extra. The X2 is expected to be priced from Rs 45 lakh and should be available on sale by the first half of next year.
The new 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine in the X1 puts out 192PS and generates 280Nm of torque.
Starts Rs 35.9 Lakhs
- FeaturesSpecial feature: Trippin' with the Kia Sonet
- NewsLimited edition Diavel 1260 Lamborghini draws inspiration from 820PS Lamborghini Sian FKP 37
- NewsAprilia SXR 160 maxi-scooter to enter production soon, launch expected in January 2021
- NewsHonda CMX1100 Rebel powered by Africa Twin's 1100 unveiled
- NewsRolls-Royce Dawn, Wraith and Cullinan Black Badge cars get Neon Nights variants, limited to three each