BMW rumoured to be working on X2
BMW it seems wants to cater to every niche segment in the market. It has been doing this for quite some time now with its X-range of cars which include models like X1, X3, X4, X5 and X6. The German giant is now planning to launch the X2 if a forum is to be believed.
The SUV market has become the most lucrative segment in the automotive industry and manufacturers are coming out with any and every type of design which might have some appeal with the customers and can add to their sales figures.
BMW X2 sketch
The X2 may come in the market by 2017 and is rumoured to be based on the UKL platform, the same base as the upcoming new X1 and Mini Countryman. It is likely to get xDrive sending power to all the four wheels. The X2 will most likely be a 5-door with a 3-door variant's possibility not ruled out.
Most, including us, are not able to understand the logic behind the introduction of the X2 as BMW has already revealed the 2-series Active Tourer at Geneva Motor Show this year. Bookings for the Active Tourer are already open with deliveries to begin in UK later this year.
Starts Rs 39.5 Lakhs
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Aston Martin plans to electrify 90 per cent of line-up by 2030
- Comparison review: Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs MS Vitara Brezza vs Kia Sonet