BMW reveals the new electric 4-door coupe i4 concept
BMW unveiled the i4 concept which is an all-electric four-door Gran Coupe which has a range of 600km and delivers a power of 537PS and it can sprint to a 100kmph from a standstill in just four seconds. The BMW i4 houses a 550kg battery which produces an output of 80kWh.
The car's exterior shows a long wheelbase, fastback roofline, short overhangs and a blanked off kidney grille. The front of the car will have sensors on the kidney grille for various functions. The rims have been designed exclusively for the i4 concept, they are aerodynamic and lightweight. They feature ultra-low weight and high strength spokes. The car gets a glass roof and the new logo is two-dimensional and transparent in design, it seamlessly integrates itself with the new colour scheme of the i4.
On the inside, there is a curved digital display and the central control panel replaces a traditional gear lever with a toggle-type shifter. The iDrive controller, seat memory buttons are finished in crystal glass. "Core" "Sport" and "Efficient" are the ambient modes on offer, they alter the experience and display of graphics in the interiors. These modes also alter the sound from the engine while driving.
The production of the BMW i4 will commence in 2021 at the main BMW plant in Munich. And BMW will invest a sum of 200 million euros to bring the i4 into production.
- NewsMercedes-Benz takes bigger stake in Aston Martin in new technical partnership
- NewsIndia-bound 2021 Yamaha MT-09 unveiled, launch expected in 2021
- NewsFacelifted Honda CR-V Special Edition launched in India at Rs 29.50 lakh
- NewsKarnataka Govt. offers support to Tesla to setup manufacturing and R&D base
- NewsHero MotoCorp to develop and sell motorcycles under the Harley-Davidson brand