BMW reveals the new electric 4-door coupe i4 concept
BMW unveiled the i4 concept which is an all-electric four-door Gran Coupe which has a range of 600km and delivers a power of 537PS and it can sprint to a 100kmph from a standstill in just four seconds. The BMW i4 houses a 550kg battery which produces an output of 80kWh.
The car's exterior shows a long wheelbase, fastback roofline, short overhangs and a blanked off kidney grille. The front of the car will have sensors on the kidney grille for various functions. The rims have been designed exclusively for the i4 concept, they are aerodynamic and lightweight. They feature ultra-low weight and high strength spokes. The car gets a glass roof and the new logo is two-dimensional and transparent in design, it seamlessly integrates itself with the new colour scheme of the i4.
On the inside, there is a curved digital display and the central control panel replaces a traditional gear lever with a toggle-type shifter. The iDrive controller, seat memory buttons are finished in crystal glass. "Core" "Sport" and "Efficient" are the ambient modes on offer, they alter the experience and display of graphics in the interiors. These modes also alter the sound from the engine while driving.
The production of the BMW i4 will commence in 2021 at the main BMW plant in Munich. And BMW will invest a sum of 200 million euros to bring the i4 into production.
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh
- Indian Highways - And the disappearance of trees and milestones
- Price and Spec Comparison: Volkswagen Taigun vs Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs Tata Harrier vs MG Hector