BMW reveal images of the i7 testing in the snow
BMW is attempting to take big strides in the electric vehicles field this year and is not afraid to show it off. BMW has revealed images of its all-electric 7 Series car wrapped in camouflage, where it is undergoing winter testing in Sweden.
The BMW i7 is now in its final stages of testing before it makes its most awaited debut sometime next year. The BMW i7 is now being tested for driving dynamics at the BMW Group's winter test centre in Arjeplog, Sweden. Test engineers discover frozen surfaces and snow-covered roads just a few kilometres from the Arctic Circle, providing excellent preconditions for the combined application of all drive and suspension systems.
BMW has revealed that its i7, which will compete with Mercedes-Benz EQS and would employ the fifth-generation eDrive technology, which will also be used in the company's iX electric SUV, which will be unveiled in India later this month.
While no specifics on the i7's powertrain have been disclosed, the iX xDrive50's dual-motor setup delivers 530PS. The iX is capable of 0-100kph in 4.6 seconds and has an electronically limited top speed of 250kph in this configuration.
The inside of the BMW i7 appears to be quite similar to that of the iX, featuring a large central infotainment display and a curved digital instrument cluster. We also expect the car to come with a range of over 600 km.
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots
- India-spec 2022 Toyota Hilux unveiled ahead of March 2022 launch
- Toyota to launch Creta-rivalling SUV in 2022 with Maruti Suzuki, new MPV in 2023
- 2022 Tata Safari Dark Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 19.05 lakh
- 2022 Tata Tiago iCNG and Tigor iCNG: Prices and variants explained