BMW premieres the Concept M4 GTS at the Pebble Beach Concours dElegance 2015
In the year following the release of the BMW M3 and M4 coupe, the M division at BMW has been busy building another car, the BMW Concept M4 GTS. The M4 GTS was built around BMW's heritage of creating track-oriented, road-legal cars such as the '98 BMW M3 Evolution, the '95 BMW M3 GT and the 2010 BMW M3 GTS. Although still a concept, the production version of these cars, tends to be very similar to the initial rendering.
The president of BMW's M division, Frank van Meel explained, "While the BMW M4 Coupe embodies the ideal combination of motorsport genes and unrestricted everyday usability, the BMW Concept M4 GTS previews an emotionally powerful and exclusive special model, conceived with an eye for trailblazing technology and a keen focus on the race track. Despite its outstanding track ability, it is still fully road-legal. This is racing technology for the road in the truest sense."
This concept features a few of BMW's latest technologies that they intend to bring out soon, such as the OLED (organic light-emitting diode) tail lamps. The Concept M4 GTS showcases their water injection system seen in the BMW M4 MotoGP safety car. To further help the car get around the track, it has been fitted with a manually adjustable front splitter and rear wing that can be adjusted according to preference.
BMW's M division has always been good at shedding those extra kilos. With the M4 GTS, they've ensured that it remains as light as possible with carbon-fibre bits all around and a carbon-fibre-reinforced plastic bonnet.
- NewsCar Sales November 2020: Hyundai India records highest ever numbers for the month
- NewsCar sales November 2020: Kia Sonet becomes bestselling compact SUV again
- NewsCastrol India launches Power1 Ultimate full synthetic two-wheeler engine oil
- NewsYamaha FZS FI gets a Vintage Edition with BT connectivity, priced at Rs. 1.09 lakh
- NewsNovember 2020 sales: Bajaj Auto sells 3.84 lakh two-wheelers, registering a growth of 12 per cent