BMW launches 1 Series M Performance edition in India
Fresh after Mercedes-Benz's launch of the Edition 1 limited run versions of the A- and B-Class, BMW has retaliated with the new 1 Series M Performance edition. This edition will be restricted to 111 units and will only be available on the top of the line 118d Sport Plus model.
The changes made are entirely visual with a sharper looking M body kit and a large stripe that stretches across the entire length of the car. The colour of the racing stripe varies based on the colour of the car. In keeping with the sporty theme, the front grille is now blacked out and there's a new spoiler at the back. The alloy wheels are new as well. There isn't much new on the inside except for some faux carbon trim.
The mechanicals are untouched with the same 2.0-litre diesel engine that makes 143PS and 320Nm. The M Performance edition costs about Rs 2.5 lakh more than the standard 118d Sport Plus and comes at Rs 40.61 lakh on-road Mumbai. According to a dealership in Mumbai, the M Performance edition will replace the standard Sport Plus edition until stocks last. Customers will be able to order a standard Sport Plus only once the limited edition is sold out.
- Near-production Skoda Slavia spied ahead of early 2022 launch
- Shopping on Indian Highways
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 Toyota Innova Crysta Limited Edition launched with added tech features, prices unchanged
- Do you save or lose money on owning an EV in India?