BMW introduces eDrive in the hybrid Concept X5 headed for Frankfurt
BMW first spoke of the eDrive concept at the Paris Auto Show last year. Now, for the Frankfurt Auto Show, BMW has combined the eDrive with its intelligent all-wheel drive system xDrive. The BMW Concept X5 eDrive is a plug-in hybrid of pedigree.
The car is capable of travelling 30kms in electric-only mode at speeds of up to 120kmph, and returns efficiency numbers of 31.5kmpl and CO2 emission numbers of 90g/km. The concept consists of a four-cylinder combustion engine with BMW TwinPower Turbo technology and a 70 kW electric motor which sources its energy from a high-voltage lithium-ion battery. Power is sent to the wheels through the xDrive system, so it has the ride abilities of an SUV.
There is a choice of three driving modes, depending on requirements and situation the intelligent hybrid drive option for a balance between performance and efficiency; pure electric for emission-free driving; or Safe Battery mode to maintain battery charge.
There are a few touches of the blue colour from the 'i' lineup on the slats in the grille, a stripe along the lower air intake and an inlay in the rear bumper. The BMW Concept X5 eDrive also comes with specially designed roof rails, a connector for the charging cable that lights up during charging, and 21-inch light-alloy wheels.
Starts Rs 74.9 Lakhs
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh
- Indian Highways - And the disappearance of trees and milestones
- Price and Spec Comparison: Volkswagen Taigun vs Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs Tata Harrier vs MG Hector