BMW i8: image gallery
The new BMW i8 hybrid supercar is here! And apart from the eco-friendly platform and its fuel sipping ways (BMW claims a 48kmpl on the EU cycle), the car gets extra tree-hugger brownie points for the organic fibres used inside. A 231PS three cylinder 1.5-litre petrol motor powers the BMW i8 while the 131PS (96kW) making electric motor which draws power from a lithium-ion battery pack.
With its Rs 2.29 crore ex-showroom price, we're not expecting too many of these hybrid electric supercars from BMW on our streets. But when you do see it on the road, it's going to be hard to miss as our The image gallery below will perhaps make that a little clearer. Check it out.
More from OVERDRIVE on the BMW i8:
Starts Rs 2.62 Crore
- NewsHonda Activa 20th Anniversary Edition launched at Rs 66,816
- NewsTVS Motor Company launches new augmented reality based smartphone application
- ReviewHonda H'ness CB350 vs Royal Enfield Meteor 350, Classic 350 & Benelli Imperiale 400
- NewsBMW X5 M Competition launched in India, prices start from Rs 1.95 crore
- FeaturesSpecial feature: Trippin' with the Kia Sonet