BMW i8: image gallery
The new BMW i8 hybrid supercar is here! And apart from the eco-friendly platform and its fuel sipping ways (BMW claims a 48kmpl on the EU cycle), the car gets extra tree-hugger brownie points for the organic fibres used inside. A 231PS three cylinder 1.5-litre petrol motor powers the BMW i8 while the 131PS (96kW) making electric motor which draws power from a lithium-ion battery pack.
With its Rs 2.29 crore ex-showroom price, we're not expecting too many of these hybrid electric supercars from BMW on our streets. But when you do see it on the road, it's going to be hard to miss as our The image gallery below will perhaps make that a little clearer. Check it out.
More from OVERDRIVE on the BMW i8:
Starts Rs 2.62 Crore
- Electric vehicles - Why they don't have a gearbox and how it's possible to go as fast backwards, as forward
- Honda Drive to Discover 10: A new discovery with the City, WR-V, Amaze and Jazz
- Maharashtra lockdown: How to maintain your vehicle while you stay at home
- 2021 Audi Q4 e-tron electric SUVs debut with up to 520 km range
- 2021 Skoda Kodiaq facelift unveiled, India launch by July