BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe petrol launched at Rs 40.9 lakh
BMW India has added a petrol to the 2 Series Gran Coupe lineup in India, after launching the diesel range in October last year. The 220i M Sport variant is priced at Rs 40.9 lakh, ex-showroom, putting it just above the 220d Sportline base variant, which is priced at Rs 40.4 lakh. The diesel M Sport variant, for reference, is priced at Rs 42.3 lakh.
Notable additions with the M Sport variants include the M Aerodynamics package (tweaked bumper design, front splitter, side sills, rear diffuser), chrome grille slate, and 17-inch M light alloy wheels. For the cabin, you get an M leather steering wheel, apart from M-branded key fob, contrast stitching, illuminated trim and other M-specific touches, with sport seats standard in the 2 Series Gran Coupe range. You can read our road test review of the diesel 2 Series Gran Coupe for a better idea of how the 2 Series Gran Coupe is as a package.
The 220i M Sport is powered by the 2.0-litre TwinPower turbo-petrol motor, producing 190PS at 5,000rpm and 280Nm torque between 1,350-4,600rpm, mated to an 8-speed Steptronic Sport automatic transmission, with launch control included. The petrol 2 Series Gran Coupe is marginally quicker, managing the 0-100kmph dash in a claimed 7.1s, versus the diesel's claimed 7.5s, and goes on to a slightly higher top speed of 240kmph. Fuel efficiency is down to 14.82kmpl for the petrol, compared to the 18.64kmpl on the diesel.
Starts Rs 37.9 Lakhs
- Intercity road travel time of "Oxygen Tankers" can be shortened, with help from the Indian motorsport fraternity
- 2021 Kia Sonet launched in India, prices start from Rs 6.79 lakh
- Scrappage Policy - A crucial joint representation made to the government to save vehicles older than 30 years
- Tranquility with the Hyundai Creta in Wayanad
- Government proposes 'IN' series of vehicle numbers to simplify re-registrations