Biggest, costliest Mercedes yet on its way
A report from America says that the Pullman version of the latest Mercedes S-Class the car that replaces the Maybach limousine in Daimler's range will be the world's biggest series production car and one of the most expensive. The S-Class Pullman which will be launched next year is 6.4 m long, some 40 cm more than the long-wheelbase version of the Rolls-Royce Phantom and could cost at least Rs 6 crore with the armour plating that many owners governments and captains of industry will specify.
Daimler gave up on its Maybach ultra-luxury range in 2012 and decided that versions of the new S-Class would represent the company at the very top of the market. In its 10 years of existence, Maybach never achieved the reputation and sales of Rolls-Royce and Bentley, owned by its German competitors BMW and Volkswagen respectively.
- Every Drop Counts: India's most fuel-efficient cars of 2021
- Mahindra XUV500 to be discontinued, could return as two-row XUV700
- 2021 Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine launched, prices start from Rs 39.90 lakh
- 2021 Hyundai Alcazar unveiled, engine details revealed
- Upcoming Mahindra XUV500 replacement to be called XUV700