Beijing Auto Show 2014: Citroen DS 6WR unveiled
Citroen's first SUV to wear its DS badge has been introduced at the Beijing Auto Show 2014 and is set to hit production at the end of the year. The DS 6WR is based on the Wild Rubis concept that was revealed at Shanghai last year. Changan PSA the joint venture in China will be manufacturing the DS 6WR, which also produces the DS5 and the DS 5LS currently.
The Citroen DS 6WR is 1,950 mm wide, 1,590 mm high and 4,700 mm in length, and has a 2,700mm wheelbase. A 1.6-litre engine is on offer with different power outputs- a 200PS and 163PS. The bigger NA 1.8-litre engine makes 140PS/170 Nm. Both the engines come mated to six-speed automatic transmissions.
Citroen has given the DS 6WR daytime running lights and 19-inch alloy wheels. As far as other design elements are concerned, the front is inspired by the 5LS. The LED DRLs along with the xenon headlights, glossy black mirror caps and a side chrome bar lend it a very premium look. The DS logos are embossed into the side of each light cluster. Other features include Grip Control that maximises the traction in two-wheel drive mode and eliminates the heavier four-wheel drive setup.
Currently the DS 6WR is also a China-specific model but there are chances that Citroen may put in on sale in other parts of the world at a later stage.
- Mahindra XUV500 to be discontinued, could return as two-row XUV700
- Electric vehicles - Why they don't have a gearbox and how it's possible to go as fast backwards, as forward
- Honda Drive to Discover 10: A new discovery with the City, WR-V, Amaze and Jazz
- Maharashtra lockdown: How to maintain your vehicle while you stay at home
- 2021 Hyundai Alcazar prototype first drive impressions