Baume et Mercier launches the limited edition Capeland Shelby Cobra timepiece
Wristwatches and Motorsport have always had this unexplainable connection with one another that just fits. For every legendary race car and its respective driver, there's bound to be a timepiece which takes inspiration from their characteristics and colour scheme. These timepieces also happen to retail at a price point which in all honesty is pretty bonkers.
The most recent addition to this league of wrist watches is the Baume et Mercier Capeland Shelby Cobra limited edition. Based on the Shelby Cobra that won the 1963 12 hours of Sebring, the self-winding chronograph features the same black and yellow livery as seen on the CSX 2128 race car. The dial with its asymmetric counters is modeled after the Cobra's dashboard, while the seconds hand features the Cobra emblem as the counterweight. There's a choice of either black vulcanized rubber or alligator with calfskin for the material of the strap.
This limited edition timepiece is limited to only 15 pieces, and if we take a gander, we guess they're all gone by the time you've read this. The price is around Rs 3.4 lakh, for those of you wondering.
- Skoda Slavia spied, to slot between Rapid and upcoming Octavia
- Facelifted 2021 BMW X3 and X4 unveiled with heavy interior revisions
- 2021 Hyundai Alcazar bookings begin in India, interiors revealed
- Toyota Yaris to be discontinued this month, rebadged Ciaz replacement?
- Jaguar launches the 2021 F-Pace in India at Rs 69.9 lakh