Bajaj Urbanite all-electric scooter spotted on test in Pune - launch expected soon
Two of the Bajaj Urbanite, all-electric scooters were spotted on test in Pune, India. The test mules were heavily camouflaged, however, the profile lets us believe that the Urbanite will sport a retro-classic design.
With the Fame-II (Faster Adoption and Manufacture of Hybrid and Electric vehicles) incentives being offered to the customers, Bajaj seems eager to join the electric bandwagon.
The Urbanite could sport modern features and equipment such as optional disc brake setup and telescopic suspension.
For the Urbanite to receive Fame-II certification, it should have a top speed of over 40kmph and minimum single charge range of 80km. Also, At least 50 per cent of the components of the scooter should be sourced locally.
The Bajaj Urbanite will rival the likes of Ather 450, Ather 350 and the Okinawa i-Praise and Rigid +. For buyers looking for an all-electric mean of transport, the Urbanite could be pitted against the Revolt's upcoming all-electric motorcycle.
Image Source - Team-bhp
- NewsEV chargers planned for over 69,000 petrol pumps across India
- News2020 Toyota Innova Crysta facelift launched in India, prices start from Rs 16.26 lakh
- News2021 BMW S 1000 R gets Euro V engine along with more tech and new styling
- NewsCOVID19: Maharashtra to screen travellers from NCR, Rajasthan, Goa and Gujarat
- NewsDucati updates XDiavel and Scrambler range for 2021