Bajaj re-registers Chetak brand name
Bajaj Auto has recently re-registered the Chetak name which has led to intense speculation that the company is heading back into the profitable scooter space. However, the company has refused to comment and its rumoured return to scooters is still very much a giant question mark. The re-registration of the brand name may be a red herring because most corporate organisations register and re-register brand names and trademarks as a matter of routine business. This is a way to ensure these names are available for future business and definitely not available to other competing manufacturers.
Chetak, is without a doubt, a very important brand name for Bajaj whether or not it re-enters the scooter space. Rajiv Bajaj told OVERDRIVE in an interview long ago that he clearly saw motorcycles as the space Bajaj should be in. Motorcycles dominate scooters globally and Bajaj is working hard at making exports a big part of its business which spreads its risk across markets and makes BAL a more secure, global business.
Also see:- All-Electric Bajaj Chetak | First Look
Starts Rs 1,00,000
- 2022 Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder: More interior details revealed
- Mahindra Scorpio-N Vs Mahindra XUV700: What's different?
- 2022 Maruti Suzuki Brezza facelift dimensions, variants revealed ahead of launch
- 2022 Mahindra Scorpio-N unveiled in India, bookings open July 30
- Live updates: 2022 Mahindra Scorpio N launch, price reveal, interiors, mileage, specifications, engine, features, safety