Bajaj Qute quadricycle to get LPG variant soon
The Bajaj Qute quadricycle was launched recently in Maharashtra in petrol and CNG fuel options. Bajaj Auto has now confirmed that an LPG variant is in the final stages of development. While CNG has now turned into the preferred alternate fuel in bigger cities in India, LPG still finds favour in smaller towns around India.
Bajaj Auto recently launched the Qute quadricycle in Maharashtra at Rs 2.78 lakh for the CNG variant and Rs 2.48 lakh for Petrol variant - all prices ex-showroom. The Qute is seeing a phased launch across India and is already available in Kerala, Rajasthan, Orissa, Gujarat and UP.
The Qute is powered by a 216cc, single-cylinder, four-stroke, twin-spark (DTSI) engine. The CNG variant produces 11PS at 5,500rpm and 16.1Nm at 4,000rpm, while the petrol powered version produces 13.18PS at 5,500rpm and 18.9Nm at 4,000rpm. It's paired to a five-speed transmission. Bajaj claims the petrol Qute will do 35 kmpl and the CNG 43 km/kg.
Dimensionally, the Qute is 2,752mm long, 1,312mm wide, and 1,652 mm tall. Wheelbase is 1,925 mm. The rear engined quadricycle has 20kg luggage capacity under the bonnet and can carry another 40kgs with the addition of roof rails.
Bajaj Auto thinks that CNG and LPG presently make much more sense for India. The CNG Qute costs about Rs 1/km to run in certain areas and the company thinks it doesn't make sense to launch an EV version. However, the company has doen some preliminary development on an electric Qute.
Also see: Bajaj Qute First Drive Video
Starts Rs 2.48 Lakhs
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh