Bajaj hikes prices of the KTM 390 Duke by Rs 7000 in India
We already knew it was in the offing. Bajaj has announced a price hike of the very successful KTM 390 Duke in India. The prices of this pint-sized motorcycle have been hikes by around Rs 7,000. At launch, Bajaj Auto had said that the 390 Duke's Rs 1.8 lakh price tag was introductory. The 390 Duke, just like its sibling the 200, has had phenomenal success in India and elsewhere in the world. Bajaj manufactures the Duke siblings at its Chakan plant.
The 2013 KTM 390 Duke at the launch event in Pune
The 390 Duke is powered by a 44PS 375cc 4-stroke engine. It is mated to a 6-speed gearbox, the same as the 200 but with a taller 6th gear. In our tests, the 390 Duke did the 0-100kmph run in just 5.6s and maxing out at a true 168.5kmph. It delivers around 34kmpl on the highway.
KTM 390 Duke black
Bajaj will very soon offer a new black colour for the 390 Duke. This colour was first exclusive to the European models. Come 2014, the KTM-Bajaj alliance will also launch the faired 390 Duke, the RC390. We expect an Auto Expo 2014 unveil for the motorcycle. Additionally the 690 Duke will also make its way to India by 2015.
Click here to read about the KTM 390 Duke road test and here for 390 vs CBR250R comparo.
Starts Rs 2,52,928
Starts Rs 1,64,143
- Near-production Skoda Slavia spied ahead of early 2022 launch
- 2021 Toyota Innova Crysta Limited Edition launched with added tech features, prices unchanged
- Comparison review: Jeep Compass vs Citroen C5 Aircross
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Do you save or lose money on owning an EV in India?