Bajaj Dominar 250 in the works? To rival the KTM 250 Duke
Bajaj is planning to bring in the Dominar 250, and news about its launch in the month of February has been making rounds over the internet. A test mule was sighted, looked like the Dominar 400 though, and the motorcycle looked smaller in proportion.
In the image, one can see that the motorcycle does not look so different from its elder sibling, but notable changes are box-section swingarm and downsized tyres. The front disc diameter also seems to be smaller than the 320mm unit on the Dominar 400. Along with that, the alloy wheels sport a different design and do not get the diamond-cut finish.
The new Dominar 250 will be powered by the same 250cc, liquid-cooled, single-cylinder engine which is offered in the KTM 250 Duke. The 250 Duke, the unit churns out 30.42PS and 24Nm, however, Bajaj might tune the motorcycle to make it tourer-friendly by connecting it to a similar gearbox found on the Dominar 400. Bajaj could also incorporate its triple-sparkplug head technology.
Pricing will be around Rs 50,000-60,000 less than the current Dominar 400, so the motorcycle will now retail at Rs 1.5-1.6 lakh ex-showroom. This pricing will be in competition to Jawa's pricing range. The Dominar 250 will directly rival the KTM 250 Duke, the Honda CB300R and the Benelli Leoncino 250.
Image Source - Rushlane
Starts Rs 2,00,576
Starts Rs 1,60,000
Starts Rs 2,50,000
Starts Rs 2,41,000
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh