Bajaj discontinues the Discover 100, 100M and the 125M in India
Bajaj has discontinued certain Discover models from its line-up - these include the 100, 100M and 125M. These models have even been removed from the model listing on the Bajaj Auto website. Bajaj had recently commented that the Discover line-up would now start with an engine displacement of 125cc, implying that the Discover brand is likely to be transformed into an executive commuter which will rival the Honda CB Shine, TVS Phoenix and the Hero Glamour.
The discontinued Bajaj Discover 125M was launched last year
The 2015 Bajaj that is on sale now.
It's believed that the Discover 100cc models have been discontinued due to the launch of the new Bajaj CT 100 and the success of the recently launched Platina ES. Bajaj recently launched a new Discover 125 model. This however had the bodywork, engine and cycle parts of the 2004 Discover series. This along with the Discover 150S and F are amongst the current variants available in the showrooms today.
Bajaj Auto says that while customers prefer the older Discover's practicality and price proposition, the younger lot likes the style quotient of the newer range. Since there were too many variants of the same bike in the showroom, customers used to get confused and hence the motorcycles were discontinued.
Confused between the Bajaj Discovers? Take a look at this story which unravels the Discover mystery
Starts Rs 46,432
Starts Rs 58,751
Starts Rs 68,900
Starts Rs 57,683
- Mahindra Scorpio-N Vs Mahindra XUV700: What's different?
- 2022 Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder: More interior details revealed
- 2022 Maruti Suzuki Brezza facelift dimensions, variants revealed ahead of launch
- 2022 Mahindra Scorpio-N unveiled in India, bookings open July 30
- Live updates: 2022 Mahindra Scorpio N launch, price reveal, interiors, mileage, specifications, engine, features, safety