Bajaj confirms new Pulsar launch on April 14, 2015. Will it be the Pulsar AS200?
After launching the updated Bajaj CT100, Platina 100 ES and the Pulsar, Bajaj will now most probably be launching the Pulsar AS200 in India on April 14, 2015. This announcement of a new Pulsar to be launched on April 14 was made by Bajaj Auto's MD Rajiv Bajaj in an interview with Moneycontrol.
The Bajaj Pulsar AS200 has often been spotted testing and we also have a video of it on its test run near the company's plant in Chakan. The Pulsar AS200 is the adventure series motorcycle from Bajaj and is based on the Pulsar 200NS. It has a single projector headlamp in the front and a semi-fairing similar to the Pulsar 220F. The windscreen is a bigger unit going with its adventure tourer intent. The side panels remain the same as seen on the Pulsar 200NS as are the tank and tail lamp. The Pulsar AS200 will run on new MRF Zapper Fv2 tyres, the same ones as seen on the Pulsar RS200.
Mechanically the Bajaj Pulsar AS200 is the same as the Pulsar 200NS. The 199cc engine is expected to make 23.5PS of power and 18.30Nm of torque. From the spy shots, it is clear that the Pulsar AS200 will not get fuel injection or even ABS. The AS200 will sit between the Pulsar 200NS and the Pulsar RS200. Expect it to replace the ageing Pulsar 220F.
Starts Rs 47,763
- NewsCar sales November 2020: Kia Sonet becomes bestselling compact SUV again
- NewsCastrol India launches Power1 Ultimate full synthetic two-wheeler engine oil
- NewsYamaha FZS FI gets a Vintage Edition with BT connectivity, priced at Rs. 1.09 lakh
- NewsNovember 2020 sales: Bajaj Auto sells 3.84 lakh two-wheelers, registering a growth of 12 per cent
- ReviewComparison: 2020 BMW G 310 GS BSVI vs KTM 390 Adventure BSVI