Bajaj Avenger Street 160 ABS launched in India - Priced Rs 82,253
Team OVERDRIVE spotted a test mule of the Avenger Street 160 in the month of March. That said, the ABS-equipped version of the same has been launched in India for Rs 82,253 ex-showroom, New-Delhi. Street 160 is the smallest capacity cruiser from Bajaj's Avenger series of motorcycles.
The Avenger Street 160 gets similar styling as the Avenger Street 180 and a cruiser-like low-slung stance. The headlamps have LED DRLs integrated into them and the bike gets a short stubby visor placed above the headlamp assembly. Most of the styling bits are painted in matte black, however, the fuel tank and side panels are painted in gloss red or gloss black. The bike gets a ground clearance of 177mm and the rider seat height is at 730mm.
The Avenger Street 160 gets a 160cc engine that churns out 15PS at 8,500rpm and 13.5Nm at 7,000rpm and the engine comes mated to a five-speed gearbox. The braking duties are taken care of by a 260mm disc in the front and a 130mm drum in the rear.
Narayan Sundararaman, Vice President (Marketing) Motorcycles, Bajaj Auto Ltd said, "As the segment leader, Bajaj Auto believes in the strategy of differentiation and category expansion. Avenger Street 160 with ABS provides contemporary styling whilst retaining its classical roadster design. The discerning customer gets a definite step-up into the world of classic biking. This will open up choices to the entry-level sports customers."
Starts Rs 82,253
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh
- Comparison test: KTM 390 Adventure vs Royal Enfield Himalayan BSVI vs BMW G 310 GS vs Hero Xpulse 200