Bajaj Auto sold a total of 1.27 lakh units of two-wheeler and CVs in May 2020
Pune-based Bajaj Auto has announced its May 2020 sales performance. The company has sold a total of 1.12 lakh units of two-wheelers, which includes 39,286 units in the domestic market and 73,512 units in the export market. In comparison, the company sold 2,05,721 units and 1,59,347 units of two-wheelers in domestic and exports markets in May 2019, registering a drop of 69 per cent in total two-wheeler sales this year.
Similarly, in commercial business, Bajaj Auto had sold 30,103 units and 24,064 units in the domestic market and exports market in May 2019. This year, however, the numbers have dropped to 788 units and 13,542 units. The total sales for CVs stood at 14,330 units compared to 54,167 units in May 2019. In total, Bajaj Auto clocked 1,27,128 units of two-wheeler and commercial vehicles, 70 per cent lower than that done last year at 4,19,235 units.
The numbers are similar when you consider YTD (year to date) performance in April-May 2020, with a sale of 39,286 units and 1,05,521 units of two-wheelers in the domestic and the exports market. During April-May 2019, the same were 4,11,596 units and 3,19,740 units respectively. The CV numbers are 788 units and 19,411 units in the domestic and the exports market for April-May 2020, down from 56,332 units and 54,882 units in Apr-May 2019. The overall YTD combined numbers of two-wheelers and commercial vehicles were 1,65,006 units, compared to 8,42,550 units in April-May 2019, registering a drop of 80 per cent.
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh