Auto Expo 2020: Vespa Elettrica all-electric on display, Bajaj Chetak rival?
It is the second day of the Auto Expo 2020 and electrics continue to be buzzing everywhere, from four wheelers passenger vehicles to large commercial offerings. Vespa has showcased the Elettrica electric scooter with a riding range of 100km in one full charge with a claimed full charge time of 4 hours using a 220v.
Vespa has not mentioned any plans to bring this Euro-spec Elettrica but confirms that the company is working on launching an EV in the Indian market. The peak power output of the Vespa Elettrica is 4kW while the continuous power output will be 3.6kW. Aprilia mentions that the Elettrica makes use of a lithium ion battery and Kinetic Energy Recovery System (KERS).
When showcased at EICMA, Vespa had already mentioned that the Elettrica's battery pack can offer a total of mileage of 70,000km, post which 80 per cent of its capacity will still be there.
Also read OVERDRIVE's coverage from Piaggio, Aprilia, Vespa's paviliaon from Auto Expo 2020 Day 2 Below:
Starts Rs 1,00,000
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh