Auto Expo 2020: Skoda Rapid BSVI unveiled with 1.0-litre turbo petrol
Skoda India has updated its most popular offering for India, the Skoda Rapid sedan, with a new BSVI compliant petrol motor. The old 100PS naturally aspirated 1.6-litre motor has been discontinued. This has been replaced with a new 1.0-litre 3-cylinder turbo petrol with 115PS and 200Nm.
This motor is one of three new engines that the VW Group will launch in India as part of its petrol-only line-up. The other two are a 1.5-litre turbo petrol and a 2.0-litre motor of similar type.
The new Rapid will be paired with a 7-speed DSG gearbox and a 6-speed manual. The sedan remains cosmetically unchanged but gets some new equipment like a larger, updated touchscreen infotainment screen. Also, Skoda showcased the Rapid Matte Concept. This is a new matte grey colour scheme for the Rapid, the first time such a colour option has been made available by the brand in India.
The engine in the new Skoda Rapid is also expected in the BSVI Vento. The updated Polo will possibly get the same motor in its lower 95PS and 175Nm tune.
Starts Rs 7.49 Lakhs
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh