Auto Expo 2020: Okinawa unveils maxi-scooter prototype
Indian two-wheeler manufacturer, Okinawa, unveiled a maxi-scooter-cruiser prototype, an electric scooter which runs on a 4kWh lithium-ion battery. The battery is removable and the scooter is supplied with a fast charger which can fully charge the battery in two to three hours. The maxi-scooter gives a range of around 120km, as claimed by the company and can reach a top speed of 100kmph. Okinawa also displayed a range of other electric scooters as well - the LITE, Praise Pro and Ridge+ at the Auto Expo.
Commenting on Okinawa's participation, Jeetender Sharma, Managing Director and Founder, Okinawa said, "Okinawa team has been putting all the efforts to fuel the Electric Vehicle revolution in India. This Auto Expo 2020 provided us the perfect stage to unveil the stunning creations that are a result of Okinawa's tech genetics. The Electric vehicle industry is still very nascent in India and there are many speculations and myths associated with the performance of EVs when compared with petrol run vehicles. Each product by Okinawa is determined to breaking these myths and proving the equal efficiency of EVs to users."
- 2021 Force Gurkha deliveries begin across India
- Comparison review: Jeep Compass vs Citroen C5 Aircross
- Near-production Skoda Slavia spied ahead of early 2022 launch
- 2021 Toyota Innova Crysta Limited Edition launched with added tech features, prices unchanged
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate