Auto Expo 2020: Maruti Suzuki teases the Futuro-E EV concept
Maruti Suzuki will most likely showcase its first-ever EV, the Futuro-e concept at 2020 Auto Expo next month. The revealed image of the car shows that it is a coupe-like SUV, with an aggressive swept-back shape and sloping roofline. It is expected that Maruti Suzuki will aim for the midsize SUV segment with the Futuro-e concept, but the reveal at the Auto expo will only tell the segment to which it belongs. The sketch shows the extended tail light sloping towards the side profile of the car, and the front with a led headlamp with a cutting-edge design.
Looking from the sketch, the Maruti Futuro-e concept will rival with Hyundai's Creta, Tata Nexon EV and with the MG ZS EV. Maruti has not given any hint regarding the pricing of the SUV, but since it is designed and made in India, we expect the pricing to be very competitive compared to the other EVs in India.
CV Raman, Senior Executive Director, Maruti Suzuki India said, "Concept Futuro-e resonates Maruti Suzuki's commitment to creating exciting designs for next generation. Offering a sneak-peek into the future of design, Concept Futuro-e represents Maruti Suzuki's vision for the Indian automobile market."
Starts Rs 20.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.95 Lakhs
Starts Rs 13.99 Lakhs
- MG Astor interiors leaked ahead of late-2021 launch
- Yamaha India introduces the FZ 25 Monster Energy MotoGP Edition at Rs 1.36 lakh
- 2021 Tata Xpres-T EV launched in India at Rs 9.75 lakh
- First Maruti Suzuki EV to launch before 2025, priced below Rs 10 lakh
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate