Auto Expo 2020: Maruti Suzuki Jimny 4x4 revealed in India
The Maruti Suzuki Jimny was showcased at the stands in the Auto Expo to gauge the customer response and feedback.
Powering the Suzuki Jimny is the familiar 1.5-litre petrol engine that we see powering the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, Ertiga and the XL6. The power figures are rated at 102PS at 6,000rpm and generates 130Nm at 4,000rpm. The gearbox on offer is a 5-speed manual and an optional 4-speed automatic. For underpinnings, the Jimny is based on a ladder-frame chassis and gets a 4x4 drivetrain with a transfer case to offer, 2H (2WD-high gear), 4H (4WD-high gear), and 4L (4WD-low gear) gearing. The model showcased is the Jimny Sierra, which comes with a more off-road focused look
Kenichi Ayukawa, Managing Director & CEO, Maruti Suzuki India Limited said, "Suzuki Jimny with its compact design and superb off-road capabilities is an engineering marvel and speaks volumes about Suzuki's engineering capabilities. Masterfully designed to ensure reliable driving and ease of handling, Suzuki Jimny is a favourite amongst adventure enthusiasts. Jimny has been developed basis thorough research, assessing the expectations and requirements of professional users."
Starts Rs 8.2 Lakhs
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh