Auto Expo 2020: Mahindra to showcase four electric vehicles
Auto Expo 2020 will witness four new electric vehicles at Mahindra's pavilion. Earlier this month, Mahindra announced that the company will showcase 18 new vehicles at this year's Auto Expo. Out of which four are electric vehicles and the rest will be the BSVI line-up of the company. This time around, the manufacturer has given out teasers of its electric SUVs and one quadricycle.
Mahindra will showcase the eXUV500, eXUV300, eKUV100 along with a quadricycle which could be an electric substitute to the Bajaj Qute.
The Mahindra Aero concept that was showcased at the Auto Expo 2016 could be the base for the upcoming Mahindra eXUV500. The Aero concept showcased two expos ago sported a crossover coupe-like body style which is now trending in the SUV segment. The Mahindra eXUV500 is most likely to be positioned beside the Hyundai Kona that was launched in India last year.
Mahindra Aero concept that was showcased at Auto Expo 2016
The Mahindra eXUV300 which is a direct rival to the Tata Nexon EV could be launched at the Auto Expo 2020. Expect a similar range of 300km from the EV version of the XUV300. The prices are also expected to be closely matched - in the Rs 14-16 lakh ex-showroom ballpark.
The eKUV100 is most likely to be the most affordable electric vehicle in India. Most likely the range is expected to be in the 150-200km bracket.
Starts Rs 2.48 Lakhs
Starts Rs 23.72 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.4 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.95 Lakhs
Starts Rs 13.99 Lakhs
- NewsHyundai i20 N unveiled with over 200PS and six-speed manual
- NewsVolkswagen India appoints Ashish Gupta as brand director
- NewsOver 50,000 bookings for the Kia Sonet, diesel models account for 40 per cent
- NewsNissan Magnite revealed: Everything we know so far
- NewsLive updates: Nissan Magnite global unveil, exterior styling, interiors, features, engines, variants, details