Auto Expo 2020: Mahindra reveals the Atom EV
Mahindra just revealed the Atom EV at the Auto Expo which will go into production in the second half of 2020. It will be powered by Mahindra's own electric drive system and aims to provide last mile connectivity. The Atom may have very compact dimensions, but the high roofline should help generate a good amount of room in the interior. The large glass area and massive windscreen should also provide an airy feel. But the wheel and tyres are way too small for a vehicle as tall as the Atom, and it also looks a bit boxy and plain.
Mahindra claims that the Atom EV will have the agility of a 3-wheeler and safety of a car as it has a monocoque body that offers a safe enclosure for occupants. The Atom also comes equipped with a state-of-the-art 4G ready connectivity system and maybe it's time we replaced our 3-wheel auto rickshaws with vehicles like the Atom.
Also catch the live updates from Mahindra's stand at the Auto Expo 2020 in the link below,
- Mahindra XUV500 to be discontinued, could return as two-row XUV700
- Electric vehicles - Why they don't have a gearbox and how it's possible to go as fast backwards, as forward
- Honda Drive to Discover 10: A new discovery with the City, WR-V, Amaze and Jazz
- Maharashtra lockdown: How to maintain your vehicle while you stay at home
- 2021 Hyundai Alcazar prototype first drive impressions