Auto Expo 2018: Tamo Racemo debuts in India
Tata Motors had unveiled their most ambitious concept, the Racemo at the last year's Geneva Motow Show. The Tamo (Tata Motors) Racemo has now made its Indian debut at the 2018 Auto Expo. The Racemo is built on a wholly new modular platform called MOFlex MMS that could in the future also spawn hatchbacks, sedans and SUVs.
he Racemo is a two-seater sports car built on a wholly new modular platform called MOFlex MMS that could in the future also spawn hatchbacks, sedans and SUVs. Not too many sports cars come under 4 metres in length and especially ones with just a 1.2-litre Revotron engine thats mounted mid-ship! Tata Motors astounded the gathered audience when they announced that the Racemo would be powered by their very humble petrol motor that also powers the Tiago and the Tigor, two small passenger cars. Except the engineers at TMETC have managed to massage this 4-cylinder turbocharged, intercooled petrol mill to deliver a 190PS of max power with 210Nm of torque.
Power is delivered to the rear wheels through an advanced automated 6-speed transmission (AMT) using paddle shifters on the steering wheel. Tata Motors claims the Racemo is capable of accelerating to 100kmph in under 6 seconds.
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Aston Martin plans to electrify 90 per cent of line-up by 2030
- Comparison review: Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs MS Vitara Brezza vs Kia Sonet