Auto Expo 2018: India-bound Suzuki Jimny SUV details out before reveal
Even as Maruti Suzuki India is minutes away from making its biggest announcements for the next two years, new details of the Suzuki Jimny SUV have been revealed. Reports suggest that the fourth generation Suzuki Jimny SUV which was revealed on a production line in spy shots during December 2017 will be coming to India, with possible production from the country as well. The Suzuki Jimny mini SUV will also receive a larger five-door sibling named the Suzuki Jimny Sierra. The Suzuki Jimny's current third generation will reach the end of its production run at the end of February 2018.
The new-gen Suzuki Jimny gets a more functional design compared to the previous model
This means that the 2018 Suzuki Jimny can be expected to go on sale in the international market by mid-2018, with its reveal slated for the Geneva Motor Show 2018. The Suzuki Jimny will be available with two engine options the 1.2-litre four cylinder K-Series petrol and the 1-litre turbocharged three cylinder with direct injection.
Both of these engines are already available on Maruti Suzuki models on sale in the country, and will come mated to four-wheel drive system for off-road prowess as well. The older Suzuki Jimny which was sold as the Maruti Suzuki Gypsy in India, will be replaced by the new Suzuki Jimny in a sub-4m avatar here.
Stay tuned to OVERDRIVE for all the latest LIVE updates from the Auto Expo 2018.
- Honda Drive to Discover 10: A new discovery with the City, WR-V, Amaze and Jazz
- Electric vehicles - Why they don't have a gearbox and how it's possible to go as fast backwards, as forward
- Government confident of local manufacturing of lithium-ion EV batteries by 2022
- 2021 Triumph Trident 660 first ride review
- Maharashtra lockdown: How to maintain your vehicle while you stay at home