Auto Expo 2014: Tata previews Nano diesel design with Twist Active Concept
Tata Motors after launching the Nano Twist just a few weeks back has gone ahead and unveiled a concept, which is an indicator of the design theme for future generations of the small car, and what in all likelihood is the design of the future Nano diesel.
The front and rear get a black smiling grille flanked by fog lamps at both ends. Black outlines have been added prominently to the headlamp assembly and the space just below the bonnet line housing the logo.
On the side, a black trim running from the A to C-pillar positioned above the door handles completes the external makeover. Another never seen before feature on the Nano is the opening tailgate which will help in adding to its luggage carrying capacity.
The interior design remains the same with the exception of new colours for the upholstery and wooden accents for the central console. The concept car has EPAS (electric power assisted steering), LED gauge for fuel and coolant temperature, features carried over from the Nano Twist.
We expect the technical setup, including the two-cylinder MPFI engine, four speed transmission and all-wheel drum brakes to remain unchanged.
This concept car points at Tata's intention to move the car from being the cheapest in the world to a smart city car.
- Nissan Magnite EZ-Shift review - is the AMT any good?
- Maruti Suzuki expected to launch 3 new cars in 2024
- Maruti Suzuki Jimny Thunder Edition launched; prices start at Rs 10.74 lakh
- Triumph Stealth Editions teased ahead of IBW 2023 launch
- 2023 Maruti Suzuki Invicto vs Toyota Innova Hycross comparison review - Who did it better?